BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 26, 2010

As It Turns Out...

I am a bad blogger. Sorry 'bout that...


But I just haven't had the time or inspiration to post anything! However, I will say that this year has been flowing along smoothly. SRT is going well (tours are actually pretty fun!), and Howard College Ambassadors is getting off the ground. I talked to some great prospective students yesterday at the academic fair, one of whom was really excited about Samford and the JMC department (broadcast specifically! Yay!). Foundations Peer Mentoring is another great thing in my life. I know that working with freshmen and prospective students is what I'm supposed to be doing with my time here. It is so rewarding, and I love all my little freshmen.

I've also developed a love of writing random notes of encouragement to friends and popping them in the mail. I love getting mail, but I rarely get any, so I know how much it means to college students to get mail, especially mail you weren't expecting.

Mostly I write to people I don't get to see often, but I also try and write to people I know who are going through stressful times. I have no idea why I started to write these notes, but I love thinking about the smiles on their faces when they read them. If I can make just one girl's day with my notes, I'll be thrilled (yeah, I've only written to girls so far. Guys don't care so much...and they check their mail a lot less frequently).

God is working in silent but powerful ways this semester, and I hope that my work is a part of His brilliant plans.

Also, NOTE TO SELF: Buy more notecards : )

Faith. Trust. Pixie Dust.
~Jackie

0 comments: